Terms and Conditions
Unless otherwise agreed at the time of your booking and confirmed in writing by us on your booking confirmation.
COASTAL WOOD HOLIDAYS (holiday cottages and camping pitches) are let on the following terms and conditions:
1. Provisional holiday cottage bookings must be confirmed within 7 days of booking by paying a non-refundable deposit of no less than 25% of the total booking value.
2. The balance of your holiday cottage booking must be received at least 6 weeks prior to your holiday start date.
3. In the case of holiday cottage bookings made within less than 6 weeks of your holiday start date, the full booking cost is due within 7 days of the booking.
Cancellation Notification more than 6 weeks prior to holiday start date:
If the cancellation is notified to us more than 6 weeks prior to the original start date, only the non-refundable deposit of 25% will be retained. Any other monies paid will be returned to you.
Cancellation Notification less than 6 weeks prior to the holiday start date:
If notice of the cancellation is received less than 6 weeks prior to the original start date, and we are unable to re-let the Cottage for the same period, the rental will be payable by you in full. Where the Cottage is re-let, the non-refundable deposit of 25% will be retained, with any other monies paid being returned to you.
We would strongly advise you to consider taking out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
5. Your holiday cottage will be available to you by 4pm on the day of arrival and should be vacated no later than 10am on the day of departure. The camping pitches are available from 3pm on the day of arrival and should be vacated no later than 10am on the day of departure.
6. Pets are welcome at our discretion depending on how many other dogs or families are already booked in the other cottages and camping pitches.
7. All guests staying with pets accept full responsibility for their pets and behaviour. Dogs are to be kept on a lead and under strict control at all times in particular around the cottages and camping pitches. Dogs are not permitted in the play area under any circumstances. When using the dedicated dog run field and upper track, pet owners are to ensure that no other guests are present and that the entrance gate is closed.
8. Any abuse or misuse, resulting in damage to the cottage property and its contents, also the camping pitches and camping facilities, are liable to charges, which will entail replacement, handling costs and loss of revenue to the cottage / camping.
9. All children are to be supervised at all times and must be accompanied by an adult in the play area.
10. The camping open fires and BBQs are only to be used by adults (over 18 years old). The axes are to be under strict control of an adult and to be securely locked away in the box when not in use. It is the responsibility of the guests to ensure fire remains safe and under control at all times, also ensure all embers are fully extinguished and the area is safe before leaving the fire pit / BBQ. Tents and other flammable items are not to be pitched within 10m of the fire pits.
11. Coastal Wood Holidays accepts no liability for any injuries or harm incurred whilst staying at the holiday cottages / camping pitches. The guest accepts full liability for any injuries whilst staying at Coastal Wood Holidays, in particular when using the open fire pits and play area.